The Northridge East Neighborhood Council is part of a citywide system guided by the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment (DONE).
As stated in our Bylaws, the purpose of this Council is:
- To improve the quality of life and business climate for the Stakeholders within the Northridge community
- To facilitate and improve communication between the Stakeholders, other neighborhood councils and the City of Los Angeles in order to improve the quality of life
- To provide a forum for public discussion of issues and to advise the City of Los Angeles on issues concerning City governance, the needs of this neighborhood council, the delivery of City services and matters of citywide interest.
A Stakeholder is defined as any individual who lives, owns or rents property, or works within the geographic area of this Neighborhood Council.
Stakeholders are encouraged to attend our regular meeting sessions to learn of events and issues surrounding our community and to get involved in the process of improving the quality of life for all Stakeholders. Notices of our monthly meetings, held the 3rd Wednesday of each month, are sent to our email distribution list, posted on the Council’s Web Site, and hard copies are posted at the following locations:
- Northridge Recreation Center – 18300 Lemarsh Street
- Northridge Branch Library – 9051 Darby Avenue
See the “Upcoming Events” calendar at the left for regular meetings and other events. To subscribe to the meeting newsletter or other newsletters we publish, log in and select “Newsletter Subscription” in the User Menu at the left.
Also see our page on the EmpowerLA website.
For information that you can’t find, send us a message.